Wamono A to Z Vol. III: Japanese Funk, Disco & Boogie 1978-1988 (180g Vinyl LP)
Active as a professional DJ in Japan since the late eighties, DJ Yoshizawa Dynamite is also a renowned remixer, compiler and producer. An avid record collector and an expert of the Wamono style, Yoshizawa published the Wamono A to Z records guide book in 2015 which instantly sold-out. The book unveiled a myriad of beautiful and rare records from a highly prolific, but still then unknown, Japanese groove scene.
After many years working as a record buyer for several stores, DJ Chintam opened his own Blow Up shop in 2018 in Tokyo’s Shibuya district. A member of the Dayjam Crew and a specialist of soul, funk, rare groove and disco music, Chintam is also an expert of the home-brewed Wamono grooves. He supervised and wrote the Wamono A to Z records guide book together with Yoshizawa.
For this third chapter of the acclaimed Wamono series, Yoshizawa and Chintam unheart some of the best and rarest light mellow funk tunes and disco boogie bangers produced in Japan between 1978 and 1988. Put the needle on the record, turn up the volume and dig right now into the Wamono sound – the cream of the Japanese jazz, funk, soul, rare groove and disco music developed throughout the years since the end of the sixties in Japan!
• 180g vinyl LP
• Fully licensed Nippon Columbia and Victor Japan masters available for the first time outside of Japan
• Featuring rarities from Hitomi Tohyama, Jadoes, Yumi Sato, Tetsuo Sakurai and more!
• Track selection by Japanese super diggers and Wamono specialists DJ Yoshizawa Dynamite and Chintam
• Mastered and cut at Timmion Cutting Lab
• Artwork by Yoxxx (Tokyo)
• Reverse board jacket
- Tetsuo Sakurai – Kimono
- Jadoes – Friday Night (Extended Dance Mix)
- Yumi Sato – Ame
- Kiyohiko Ozaki – Ojousan Oteyawarakani
- Hitomi Tohyama – Rainy Driver
- Sentimental City Romance – Hello Suisei
- Mizuki Koyama – Kareniwa Kanawanai
- Hitomi Tohyama – Sweet Soul Music (Kiss Of Life)