Vince Guaraldi – It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown: Pumpkin Shaped Vinyl by Craft (Vinyl LP)
While Charles M. Schulz’s Peanuts comic strip appeared daily in newspapers across the world, Vince Guaraldi’s music helped bring the gang to wider audiences through his jazzy television and film soundtrack recordings. In the 1966 animated special It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, The Peanuts gang celebrates Halloween, with Linus hoping that, finally, he will be visited by The Great Pumpkin, while Charlie Brown is invited to a Halloween party. As usual Guaraldi’s integral score drives the proceedings and steals the show. It’s one of the most desired soundtracks in the beloved collection of music from the iconic Peanuts animated TV specials and it’s now available here on collectible pumpkin-shaped vinyl LP courtesy of Craft Recordings complete with insightful liner notes by Peanuts historian, Derrick Bang.
It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (Music from the Soundtrack) features some of the most iconic tracks in pop culture, including the instantly recognizable “Linus and Lucy,” as well as the languid, lyrical “Great Pumpkin Waltz.” The music was recorded on October 4, 1966 at Desilu’s Gower Street Studio in Hollywood, California by Guaraldi (piano) and his longtime friends and trio sidemen – bassist Monty Budwig and drummer Colin Bailey – joined by Emanuel Klein (trumpet), John Gray (guitar) and Ronald Lang (woodwinds). The entire scoring process was overseen by composer, arranger and conductor John Scott Trotter, well known for a three-decade run as Bing Crosby’s music director and close friend.
Following the astounding popularity of the Peanuts comic strip and the first two successful Peanuts television specials – A Charlie Brown Christmas and Charlie Brown’s All-Stars – It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown debuted October 27, 1966 with a phenomenal 49 percent audience share, meaning 49 percent of the people watching television during those 25 minutes had tuned in to see Charlie Brown.
• Pumpkin-shaped vinyl LP reissue from Craft Recordings
• Featuring two of the most beloved tracks in the Vince Guaraldi canon: “The Great Pumpkin Waltz” and “Linus and Lucy”
• Insightful liner notes by Derrick Bang, Peanuts historian and author of Vince Guaraldi at the Piano
- Linus And Lucy
- Graveyard Theme
- Snoopy And The Leaf/Frieda (With The Naturally Curly Hair)
- The Great Pumpkin Waltz
- Linus And Lucy (Reprise)
- Charlie Brown Theme/Happy Linus
- The Great Pumpkin Waltz (Reprise)
- The Red Baron/Military Drum March
- The Great Pumpkin Waltz (2nd Reprise)
- Trick Or Treat
- Fanfare/Breathless/Trick Or Treat (Reprise)
- Charlie Brown Theme (Reprise)
- It’s A Long Way To Tipperary/There’s A Long, Long Trail A-Winding/Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit Bag/Roses Of Picardy
- Trick Or Treat (2nd Reprise)
- Linus And Lucy (2nd Reprise)
- Charlie Brown Theme (2nd Reprise)
Out of stock